JVC Announces IDX Promo with purchase of HM700U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old February 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #1
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

JVC Announces IDX Promo with purchase of HM700U

JVC has released an IDX Promo with the purchase of a GYHM700U from an Authorized JVC Reseller. This promo is valid until March 31, 2010

Purchase a New GYHM700U and receive a Free IDX ProHD Power System
The IDX Power kit includes
Qty 1 JVC-PV V-Mount™ Plate for the GY-HM700.
Qty 1 E-7S Battery with 71 watt hours (14.8v, 4.8A/h)
Qty 1 VL-2 Dual Battery Charger
And an extra V-Mount Adapter you can use on your pre-existing GYHD100/110U camcorder.

Contact your local JVC Reseller or Tapeworks Texas Inc Toll Free 866-827-3489 for a customized quotation. Tapeworks Representatives are here to assist you in packaging Professional products to fit your specific application!

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I like the look of the JVC. As a camera for wildlife, either as a backup, a long distance travelling kit, or for personal projects it seems a winner on several counts; small size/light weight, 1/3" chips for big lens magnification, CCD so no motion issues on long lenses, overcranks to 60P.
The thing that would stop me jumping on this deal is Canon's NAB announcements - from what's been said so far it'll tick all the above boxes, plus have 50 mb/s codec instead of 35. Possibly also full 1920x1080 too?
Is it significant that the offer ends just before NAB?
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #3
New Boot

6-8 weeks? Really?

This is cool but I would have liked to have known from B&H that is was going to take 6-8 weeks to get it via mail in rebate. Now I have the 700u, 2 Dionic 90's and no charger! Not even a DC power adapter to plug it into the wall. Is this right?
John Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That's a big flaw in this offer. Because of that issue (i.e., a camera with no power option) and the prominently displayed caveat that the offer is only good as long as their supply lasts (how ill-defined is that?), I decided to go a different way.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Regular Crew

When JVC had a similar offer a couple of years ago with the 200 and AB, they had similar disclaimers but I got mine in about 2 weeks,,,maybe less.
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM   #6
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cardenas View Post
Now I have the 700u, 2 Dionic 90's and no charger!
John,

The IDX system is a V-mount for the battery and not the Anton Bauer Gold Mount with the three posts. You'll need an Anton Bauer battery charger, or something like a Tandem70 combination battery charger/power supply to use with your Dionic90 batteries.

Craig
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:29 PM   #7
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sirb View Post
When JVC had a similar offer a couple of years ago with the 200 and AB, they had similar disclaimers but I got mine in about 2 weeks,,,maybe less.
The turnaround time right now is about 2 weeks as mentioned. The 6 to 8 weeks is our standard time frame allowance on promotional goods fulfillment.

Craig
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:03 PM   #8
New Boot

IDX Battery situation

Thanks guys for all of your help on this. I am really appreciative to have you all chime in.

So let's see if I understand this correctly. I'll have to replace the battery mount on the 700u with the IDX v-mount to work with the one battery they are sending me.

Other option is to buy the Anton Bauer charger for the two Dionic 90's I already bought. That would mean I don't need the IDX system at all right? I wonder if B&H could swap the IDX system for AB stuff.

My other option is to return the Dionic 90's and get two more IDX batteries but which is better AB or IDX?

As of 3-31-10, I have been waiting 4 weeks for the IDX stuff. Boo.

I am disappointed with this deal because I already paid what I think is a considerable amount of money only to have to wait more than a month to use the camera. B&H doesn't give enough information or forewarning about how the offer works. Had I known what I was in for, I would have gone with a different package. Not a different camera just a different package.

What would you guys do?
John Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 08:41 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps View Post
I like the look of the JVC. As a camera for wildlife, either as a backup, a long distance travelling kit, or for personal projects it seems a winner on several counts; small size/light weight, 1/3" chips for big lens magnification, CCD so no motion issues on long lenses, overcranks to 60P.
The thing that would stop me jumping on this deal is Canon's NAB announcements - from what's been said so far it'll tick all the above boxes, plus have 50 mb/s codec instead of 35. Possibly also full 1920x1080 too?
Is it significant that the offer ends just before NAB?
Steve
Well I hope the new Canon is better than this XHA1 I'm using right now to intercut with my older JVC HD110. I'm not impressed with the Canon. I guess I'll get serious about a HM100 or a 2nd HD110/100 for my event shots.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #10
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

JVC has re-instated the IDX Power Promo with the purchase of a GYHM700U!
This promotion is valid until July 31, 2010

Purchase a New GYHM700U or GY-HM700CHU and receive a Free IDX ProHD Power System
The IDX Power kit includes
Qty 1 JVC-PV V-Mount™ Plate for the GY-HM700.
Qty 1 E-7S Battery with 71 watt hours (14.8v, 4.8A/h)
Qty 1 VL-2 Dual Battery Charger
And an extra V-Mount Adapter you can use on your pre-existing GYHD100/110U camcorder.

Contact your local JVC Reseller or Tapeworks Texas Inc Toll Free 866-827-3489 for a customized quotation. Tapeworks Representatives are here to assist you in packaging Professional products to fit your specific application!

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser
tapeworksscott@sbcgloba.net
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems