"Amazon Basics" media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old September 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

"Amazon Basics" media

Just saw today that Amazon is branding their own SDHC cards. Class 6 and Class 10. Pretty good prices on them.

Anyone have any idea who's manufacturing these or how reliable, (if at all,) they are in the HM700?
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: "Amazon Basics" media

Call me old-fashioned but I'm a firm believer in sticking to name brand products, especially ones the manufacturer has recommended.
I've wasted a lot of money over the years buying all sorts of products simply because of the price.
In the long run, I would've saved a lot of money by spending a bit more initially.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm right there with you. Every card I've put in my camera is a Panasonic, and I've had zero problems, (save for one instance that forced me to format a card with footage on it. I'd already pulled the footage off the card, and it was strictly a "pilot error" situation. Card is fine.)

Just was curious if anyone had used these, or had any idea who the manufacturer was on these.
Old October 6th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I haven't seen or tried the Amazon branded cards, but for the past year I've been using Transcend 16 & 32 GB cards, both class 6 and 10 (haven't really seen much difference in the 10's) that I've been buying from Amazon and I've never had any problems with them. I once tried a MicroCenter 32 GB branded cards and had problems with both of them.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems