JVC GY-HM650 Manual at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old December 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC GY-HM650 Manual

Well I have been doing a lot of research on both of the new JVC 600 cameras, and I want a REAL Camcorder!
I have been shooting with a few DSLR's and the newer Sony Nex-VG20 18-200mm. I have already had to have the VG20 sent in for sensor cleaning, and changing lens's is becoming a pain for me. I'm one of those Swiss army guys when it comes to what I like to shoot. Little event stuff, business doc, maybe some product videos coming up here. I really love the lens on the 600-650. The Wifi features are very cool, being able to control the camera with a smart phone, or tablet I think can work pretty nice. I'm really thinking about getting the 650. I know that it is probably overkill for what I do, but at least I think I'll have my needs and then some covered.

The review was very favorable about these cameras. For anyone that might be on the fence, Here is the link to the full PDF Manual for the JVC GY HM650. Covers a lot of stuff.

Let me know what any of you think about my decision. This is out of my budget, but I won't be buying any other cameras for a few years, Other than a GH3 for aerial video work.

JVC Professional Technical Manuals page

Leon
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: JVC GY-HM650 Manual

Thanks for posting this link, Leon -- I have done the same for the HM600 and the download links are now "stuck" at the top of this forum's index page at http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-h...ml#post1772867 -- much appreciated,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm in the same situation as you Leon. I wanted a "do everything" camera where I didn't have to bother with lenses. After researching for months I finally settled on the HM600. I purchased it a few days ago, and now i'm waiting impatiently for it to arrive.

Thanks for the link to the manual.. I'll have a read.
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Please Post your findings on this camera ASAP!! Just kidding totally at your convenience.

I'm really interested about the low light capabilities how it looks in a tight zoom. and how the stabilization works. HDwarrior.com.uk is getting ready to post a review of the 650. I'm jealous, Good Luck Jody and I hope it works out for you, for a while!
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kolenda View Post
Please Post your findings on this camera ASAP!! Just kidding totally at your convenience.

I'm really interested about the low light capabilities how it looks in a tight zoom. and how the stabilization works. HDwarrior.com.uk is getting ready to post a review of the 650. I'm jealous, Good Luck Jody and I hope it works out for you, for a while!
Yep, I'm hoping to have it within the next few days so will post my findings ASAP :)
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Arnott View Post
Yep, I'm hoping to have it within the next few days so will post my findings ASAP :)
Hi again Jody,
Looks like the world is waiting for you! I think early adopters should be given the camera free, as you are the most objective reviewer and free marketing opportunity for the manufacturer. (and it would ensure that manufacturers get it right first time!).-if only.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers!
Rod
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I ordered mine and recieved it to my shipping address a few weeks ago. However my address is in Hawai'i and I am currently in Germany until March. Luckily my camera is coming with someone and I get to hold it Tuesday.

I plan to do some tests and post a review. One thing I want to play with is the manual focus and zoom, does anyone know if its an actual manual zoom/focus or if its just like the canon's and runs just a servo?

The 650 is great, but really not enough of an upgrade for me, a swiss army shooter, and a field documentaries.
Tim Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #8
Major Player

I'm pretty sure it's all servo operated, but you'll know soon and will be able to let us know. :)

The reason for making these long zooms all servo is that it extremely difficult to make a lens with this sort of zoom range parfocal, so as you zoom, the electronic needs to adjust the focus.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems