Audio Hits and Modulation on DV Tapes Being Imported into Avid at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old August 24th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #1
Tourist

Audio Hits and Modulation on DV Tapes Being Imported into Avid

This is my first post here but it looks like you guys might be able to help me out, i work at an ad agency/post house in New York and were getting some audio hits and modulation when we import DV Tapes into our editing system. The Weird thing is that their not really on the tape or at least not as noticeable as they become after we import them. If i cycle through a couple of DV Decks then i'm usually able to get it in clean, our primary DV Deck is a DSR-45 that is in pretty good condition and that seems to have the most trouble, we have 2 DSR-11s that seem to not handle it much better, recently the only way to get the footage in clean is to load it off the camera's. We've tried switching Computers, First we experienced the problem loading in through an avid adrenaline, then an avid mojo, now i'm doing it straight through the computer and it still happens when loading off the decks, i'm thinking its a camera issue because our camera's our really old and get used a lot, we have about 4 DVX-100s and there all pretty old, i've been able to narrow it down to one camera that i know we shoot on the most so i'm gonna have it looked at but has anybody ever experienced anything like this before or know what might be the problem?
Jimmy Spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #2
Inner Circle

It might be a head alignment issue? Sometimes tapes will play back best in the camera that shot them.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line