GV-D200 Extinct? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old July 15th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GV-D200 Extinct?

So I'm kicking myself for not buying one from B&H a month or so ago when they were available, because they no longer are through B&H. In fact, I can't find a Sony GV-D200, D800, or equivalent for sale anywhere at all....including eBay. Does anybody know where to find one of these things?
Nicholas Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Sony still shows the GV-D200 on their sonystyle.com website with a discounted price although it has a status of "out of stock".
John Gayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah I saw that yesterday. It seems Sony has just recently discontinued this, because many sites still have it listed, although almost all say "Discontinued" or "Out of Stock". One site even let me order it and then quickly sent me an email apologizing because they "no longer carried the product."
Nicholas Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #4
Sponsor: Adorama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Foster View Post
Yeah I saw that yesterday. It seems Sony has just recently discontinued this, because many sites still have it listed, although almost all say "Discontinued" or "Out of Stock". One site even let me order it and then quickly sent me an email apologizing because they "no longer carried the product."
We have the Sony GV-D800 Digital8 listed on the Adorama website, but on back order. Our video buyer tells me that they are not discontinued, but that we have had some on order for a very long time (a Dec '07 order finally arrived in June '08)

We have no ETA from the manufacturer re delivery of any further orders.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen Oster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line