mini dv to vhs duplication at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old June 12th, 2002, 10:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

mini dv to vhs duplication

I have 2- 60 minute tapes shot on xl1s need to send to duplicating house , they need it on one continuous format, they sugested to copy the 2 mini tapes to one 90 minute mini tape on slow speed, they said there is no quality loss due to it being digital , is that true?
Old June 12th, 2002, 01:07 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, it is true that there will be no quality loss between taping at SP versus LP. The exact same information is recorded, the tape just runs slower. However, there IS a greater chance they will not be able to read the tape because LP is less compatible than SP. Another alternative would be to master to a full size DV tape instead.

For duplication purposes on my own equipment, I frequently use LP mode for longer (2 hour) tapes.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line