Head Cleaner at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:00 PM   #1
New Boot

Head Cleaner

Since I've gotten my GL2, I've recorded on one TDK tape, and then switched to Sony, which I plan to stick with, although I've only recorded about 10 or 15 minutes on a Sony tape. I have recorded probably only two hours on my GL2, but have played the tapes back a few times for importing and such.
But now, when I playback, it is showing mosaics and stripes like I need to clean it, from reading previous threads, I guess this is from changing brands of tapes. So I'm going to buy a miniDV head cleaner. My question is, I found a Maxell head cleaning tape in town (I'd rather not buy it off of the internet, for time's sake). But should I use a Sony or TDK cleaning tape instead? Does it matter?
Ian Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:11 PM   #2
New Boot

Searching around more, I found the answer to my own question, according to previous posts, it doesn't matter the brand of the head cleaner.
Ian Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2004, 04:30 PM   #3
New Boot

THanks.

I was wondering the same thing, answered my question as well:)

Karl
Karl Barek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line