Know Anything about Open Reel Video? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old April 25th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Know Anything about Open Reel Video?

Hi fellow DVi Users...

I have a project that needs a transfer from a Sony 1/2" open reel video tape. I think it is from the 70's. I want to get it to DVD or Mini-DV. Any thoughts on who might do this. Or any other ideas? I am in Northern California.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Oh, drat!

I can't help you on this, but when I was in junior high, we had a Sony 1/2" open-reel VTR and a Panasonic camera and monitor. Usually we recorded the practice of our basketball team. Why, I'll never know, since our drunken U.S. history teacher cum coach would only glance at the playback and declare the deficiencies lay with the players.

This would have been circa 1980. My buddy and I once recorded the debate between President Carter and Reagan with dubious voice-overs. As is the style of teenagers of the time, we took the sides ours fathers did, with or without concious thought. He supported Carter, I, Reagan. Later, he went into the Marines to become a man and died in a Jeep accident in Guam. I did nothing of the sort...

Boy, was I on the wrong side. Sorry, Charlie, see you someday...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line