Panasonic AG-DV2500 Audio Capture Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old March 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #1
New Boot

Panasonic AG-DV2500 Audio Capture Problem

I have an AG DV-2500 and when capturing in Final Cut the audio is littered with dropouts creating chirps clicks and beeps throughout the audio. It doesn't seem to matter the media I use either I've tried capturing from MiniDV and full size DVCAM tapes.

Interestingly enough though those artifacts are not there if you hook up an amplifier to the RCA outputs of the AG DV-2500. It seems to be only through the fire wire.

I have been searching desperately for an answer for almost a year now and have not been able to find anything. When I first bought the unit it worked great, then slowly over time more and more artifacts became noticeable to the point I can't even use the deck anymore because they are so rampant. I've had the head professionally cleaned and still no luck.

If anyone can offer ANY help it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Tel. 613-843-0531
Grant Brennae is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line