DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The Long Black Line (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/)
-   -   Color problems w/ BetaSP deck (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/91176-color-problems-w-betasp-deck.html)

C. Byrne April 10th, 2007 12:34 PM

Color problems w/ BetaSP deck

Has anyone ever heard of this problem? I use a sony BetaSP deck (UVW1700G) to capture into FCP and to print to tape. I've been using this deck with relatively few problems for a year and a half. Recently, it has been acting up. When I open the capture window in FCP, the color in the preview window is distinctly different from the color in my free standing monitor (which shows the correct color). FCP captures the wrong color. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to correct this?
C.

Rob Neidig April 10th, 2007 03:11 PM

Hi, C.,

You don't say how you've got the deck hooked up to FCP, but I would start there. If you are using the component cables, then maybe you have one reversed - blue hooked up where red should be, for instance. If you are coming in using an S-video cable, you might check to be sure it is completely connected and check it with a different cable. Other than that, you should check your input settings on FCP to be sure you aren't set to composite input are something else.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Rob

Allen Williams April 10th, 2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. Byrne (Post 657605)
Has anyone ever heard of this problem? I use a sony BetaSP deck (UVW1700G) to capture into FCP and to print to tape. I've been using this deck with relatively few problems for a year and a half. Recently, it has been acting up. When I open the capture window in FCP, the color in the preview window is distinctly different from the color in my free standing monitor (which shows the correct color). FCP captures the wrong color. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to correct this?
C.

Sounds like a possible sync problem.
Try hooking up the BetaSP deck using a composite output as a reference signal to your computer while it's off. Turn on the BetaSP deck first and then boot up and go into FCP.
Allen W

C. Byrne April 10th, 2007 03:29 PM

I'm using a Blackmagic Decklink SP. As far as I can tell, when I print to tape, the colors are accurate. So it must be a video input problem. How exactly would I sync up the deck with composite out?

C. Byrne April 10th, 2007 03:48 PM

Currently, I have a bnc cable looped between "Video Input RGB Sync" and Video Output Video 1" for sync. Should I change these? And why would I have to change them now when I've had no problems for so long?

Allen Williams April 11th, 2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. Byrne (Post 657740)
Currently, I have a bnc cable looped between "Video Input RGB Sync" and Video Output Video 1" for sync. Should I change these? And why would I have to change them now when I've had no problems for so long?

Looks like you already have the right sync connections. Might be something internal.
Good luck!
Allen W

C. Byrne April 11th, 2007 10:58 AM

Well, the problem miraculously went away this morning. I guess I'll just have to wait for another day to figure out what the issue was. Thanks for your suggestions!

Daniel Epstein April 11th, 2007 05:15 PM

Check your cables to see if something is loose or intermittent or being stretched or srtained