POV Hunting - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old February 12th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #16
Trustee

Hola,
i m also in the line waiting to buy the right one. I live in Spain and i was thinking to buy in US where is very cheap. If i buy in US, will i have issues cause it's NTSC and we r in the PAL land?
thx

Last edited by Marcus Martell; February 13th, 2010 at 03:44 AM.
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I don't have any experience with the Go Pro to say if it is any better than the VRHoldr Contour HD. I don't expect any $250 camera to give the same performance of the $2000 models. I would think the performance would be fairly comparable.
I bought the ContourHD in part because I liked the form factor (size&shape) and in part because the GoPro was not yet available in HD. There are people doing amazing work with both systems. As usual, the camera is only as good as the shooter (and I'm not that good yet.) Good luck.
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:41 AM   #18
Trustee

LOLJames,
thank you for sharing with us your experience. Do u know if there 's the option to switch between 50 i and 60 i?If so, that means that i can go with Pal
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:39 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Still not for PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
LOLJames,
thank you for sharing with us your experience. Do u know if there 's the option to switch between 50 i and 60 i?If so, that means that i can go with Pal
Unfortunately no.
Both GoPro Hd and Contour HD are not PAL friendly. They both have only 30fps or 60fps.

I contacted GoPro support for the PAL 25/50fps and they said they are aware of the european desire and they are actively looking at a firmware update to allow for this,
but they don't make any guarantees, only hope it will be in the near future.
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #20
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by James J. Lee View Post
I had a problem with my mount on the Contour HD. Have I mentioned it's a stupid set-up? Anyway, I've got to give the manufactures credit, they responded quickly and shipped me a new flat mount within days. I get the feeling that we users of the Contour line are all product testers helping to refine the product. They are changing/improving so fast, I think there should be a trade-in special for "early adopters."
Still, I'm pretty satisfied with it for the price. I bought it to use to get extra b-roll from angles I couldn't get otherwise and it works OK for that purpose and at that price.
Just an update from the problems I had with the Contour HD I purchased here in Australia. I'm still waiting for feed back from the retailer Launch helmut cams who couldn't address my problems because staff went on holidays (they say) but in total contrast and to my relief the guys at Vhold (manufacturers) in the states were quick to offer a replacement which I now have. So fantastic service from the maker, not so good from the retailer.

As for Contour HD v GoPro. I'll be using both and although I think the GoPro has a better quality lens, image and user interface its a matter of matching the camera to the project. The shape and less bulk of the Contour HD camera lends itself to some effective and inventive applications for shooting.
Jon Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:18 AM   #21
Trustee

Hola, what's the best sw to open the GOPRO files on your pc? I tryed VLC but it suffers a lot even if my pc is very powerful!
What do you guys think about?

gracias
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems