Hero3+ Focus again at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old December 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hero3+ Focus again

I've just received yet another replacement for my Hero3+ Black. It's from the latest batch (H3B+B081) which GoPro claim has the focus/sharpness issue resolved. Yet, testing it against my old Hero3 shows little improvement! Despite being informed by GoPro that the Hero3+ offers better sharpness which it doesn't.
Very disappointing.
Chris Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Hero3+ Focus again

Chris,

Are you comparing it with your old Hero3, or your returned Hero3+?

I was about to buy a Hero3+ until these problems surfaced, so I went with a Hero3 just in case. I would love a Hero3+ black or silver if the focus issue was resolved, as my uses would be for slightly further away things than a "cool selfie of myself on a surfboard".

I'm not cool enough for that.
Old December 12th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Comparing it with my old Hero 3. Good things about the 3+ are much better white balance & more powerful & faster wi-fi. Sharpness wise they are the same, at least on my cameras.
Chris Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I bought a hero 3+ silver recently! and have used it at a couple of weddings and two school productions, with no sign of focus issues. Others seem to be having problems though and there are a couple of DIY repairs on the net that can sort it. One involves levering off the lens retaining clips from outside the camera, rotating the lens a couple of mm and putting the the rings back, seems very simple.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems