Action Cam file gap after 4gb split at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old October 13th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Action Cam file gap after 4gb split

Hi Guys

My second action cam shoots MOV format not MP4 like my GoPro and I had a situation over the weekend where it was left running nearly an hour. When the first clip got to 4GB it created a new clip but unlike the GoPro where split files are seamless and even AVCHD files from my big Sony cams need to be correctly imported these files seemed to have quite a large chunk of both video and audio missing at the start of the 2nd clip.

Anyone had this issue ?? I'm not used to using MOV's so is that just how the camera does it (sorta reset and start over) or is there a way to import the file so it joins up with the split file?

It's not really a big deal as it was only safety footage at a wedding so I only use bits and pieces but it would be nice to know what happens after 35 minutes running time and it gets to 4GB.

This cam is the copy GoPro chinese unit SJ4000 shooting 1080P

Thanks if anyone has come across this issue??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Action Cam file gap after 4gb split

Late reply, but I think it's just a limitation of the camera. (I've been using an SJ4000 as a covering wide-shot a few times and seem to lose approx 3 1/2 seconds each time there's a new file - about every 35 minutes.) It's not a problem so far- just another small flaw in a camera which has a few flaws, but still produces a remarkably good picture for the price.
Rob Stowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2015, 06:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Action Cam file gap after 4gb split

I am shooting 4K on the X1000V and there are no 4GB splits. The camera just keeps recording into a single file until the card fills or the battery dies.
John Hedgecoe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems