HV30 & FlowPod- Need weights up top? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 30th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HV30 & FlowPod- Need weights up top?

I'm thinking about getting the FlowPod for sale as we're shooting a short & the handheld shots we got w/ the HV30 were lacking. After asking, I was told that I would need to add weights to the top of the flowpod near the camera. Is there a kit somewhere for that? Can this be achieved by simply adding an external mic/video light to the camera?

Thanks for your time.

Will
*Sorry if this counts as a double post... I was in the wrong place before anyway.*

Last edited by William James Ryan; September 30th, 2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Possible double post
William James Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Inner Circle

The Flowpod is overkill with an HV30 - way too much "rig", not nearly enough cam to be effective... Better to consider a Merlin or other smaller stabilizer.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)