HD1000 Blue Halo example picture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old October 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD1000 Blue Halo example picture

This is a random shot of the top of a Coke can under incandescent 40W lighting. Notice the blue fringes around the highlights.

While this is a mild effect, try filming in an artificially lit environment like a stadium or airport. All bright lights will have this fringing effect.

Haven't played with different settings yet but this should not be, period.
Attached Thumbnails
HD1000 Blue Halo example picture-sany0043.jpg  
Old October 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #2
New Boot

Chromatic Aberration

I see what you call Hallo, most consumer and prosumer digital photography cameras have the same cromatic problem. I think it is call fringing or chromatic aberration, in the link you can see the explanation for that phenomenon
http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/key=...tic+aberration
Old October 11th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Major Player

CA is caused by the lens. Which isn't all that great on the HD100. It's okay for the price, but far from perfect, so you will see some purple and green fringing.
Old October 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #4
Wrangler

This is the blue fringing phenomenon that plagues many cameras and lenses. I've seen it on high end HD broadcasts.

What I've learned is that it usually manifests itself when the key light (usually the sun) is up high. It will virtually always fall on the right hand side of the object where there is a high contrast edge.

Some have stated that this blue fringing is more about CCD overload than actual chromatic aberration. Highly reflective objects will make it worse. I posted a pic taken with a still camera of a motorcycle rim in mid day sun that shows the same issue. I'm willing to bet your 40 watt light is up high compared to the can.

-gb-

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)