Sanyo HD1000 and Macs - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old March 8th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #16
New Boot

Steve - I've downloaded the decoder and put the folder in the Quicktime Library folder. Obviously I haven't done it right as the green screen remains. I'm a relative newcomer to Macs and would appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly which file goes in exactly which folder? An idiot's guide would do nicely :)

Thanks in advance.
Old March 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #17
Trustee

Rob, it seems you've done it right- my only guess is that you've placed it in the wrong sub-section (/users maybe?). You have to place the new file in the root directory- click the Mac HD icon and place in the Library/Quicktime folder.......if you've done this it should play fine- everyone else has reported it works and I know it does now work on my machine (it didn't before.)
Old March 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #18
New Boot

OK, I removed the old file and just placed the complete decoder folder in the QT root directory. That worked. Thanks for that, Steve.
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #19
Major Player

Xacti HD1000 footage with Power PC G5

I recently picked up the HD1000 and have been trying to play/work with the footage on my G5. Without the avc1Decoder, I get the green screen. When installed, the green is gone but the footage plays hesitantly. Audio seems ok.

Is this not compatible with a non-intel machine? Am I missing something here?

Sorry if this has been answered already but did not find anything.

Thanks
Old March 31st, 2008, 02:29 PM   #20
Major Player

Follow up to my last post

I went to the Apple store today with the Xacti and shot and downloaded footage directly into the Mac Pro on display. The 1080i footage appeared with the green screen but everything else played out fine, even from the SC card so I've determined my G5 2.3 just can't chew the numbers fast enough.
Old April 1st, 2008, 06:04 AM   #21
New Boot

Yes, full Xacti HD stutters a bit on my intel Mini (1.8/2Gb) but is fine on my new Macbook (2.4/4Gb).
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:58 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Do you have to use FCP/FCPE for the footage or can you just open the clips in Quicktime Pro, make content edits and export out for the web?

http://www.coalmarch.com
Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:11 AM   #23
Regular Crew

I found some raw footage I beleive of this camera and was able to edit it w/o a problem with Quicktime pro after installing the AVC1 decoder. Please correct me if the raw footage is not in .mp4 format.

Thanks,
Michael

http://www.coalmarch.com
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #24
New Boot

OK, I'm stumped.

After following what Steve N told me to do, I was able to see full Xacti HD video on my Mac Mini - although the pics stutter a bit in both Quicktime and iMovie HD 6 (I put that down to the relative slowness of the 1.8 processor and 2GB RAM).

Recently, I purchased a Macbook 13 with 2.4 processor and 4GB RAM. I copied the old iMovie across, installed the aci driver in the QT library and was able to play HD movies in QT with no stutter to speak of.

Yesterday, I downloaded and installed the SANYO 1.1.0 firmware upgrade and shot some test footage.

No problems playing on the Mini either through QT or iMovie - except that the old green screen is now a white screen! It still shows the video, though, after a few frames of white (easily removed by cropping the start).

On the Macbook, the video plays fine in QT but not in iMovie. I get the same white screen but that's it. And cropping doesn't make any difference. BUT, the videos play in iMovie8 (still get the white screen at the start of each clip but again, it can be easily cropped out).

Anybody have any idea what's going on here?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)