MP4 Hd1 format multimedia reader - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 5th, 2006, 01:44 AM   #16
Regular Crew

As noted elsewhere, I have had really good results both playing and editing on the Intel Dual Core Mini, first the 512MB version and starting today the 2GB version. Using the HDTV as the monitor gives real WYSIWYG. The one fly in the ointment is the requirement that the clips, which have already been loaded onto the Mac HD, be loaded again into iMovie, which takes MUCH longer than the original upload to the HD. I am used to Vegas, where shortcuts to the clips are used.

On the other hand, the render time in iMovie is very fast, so perhaps it is a take and give back situation, assuming that you will use most of the clips. I don't see any other choices at the moment anyway, since Apple information says that Final Cut (Pro or Express) will not edit MP4.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:33 PM   #17
Major Player

Correction:

It's only video shot in the Web-HQ mode that is 5th Gen iPod compatible...
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Fine that you corrected your assumption Graham. I would have been really interested...now I may forget the iPod for that kind of activities.
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #19
Major Player

'The HD1s files will play on the new iPod' I read somewhere and just took it literally.

That's not so much assumption as inaccurate reporting.
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #20
Regular Crew

You are right Graham, wrong terminology.
In the mean time, I still don't find any multimedia viewer/card reader/external storage able to store and read HD1 footage.
Do you think it's still worth waiting or do I have to forget about it?
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #21
Major Player

Sorry, no idea.

It's larger cards I think will be the important step, as the device already has such a nice screen.
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #22
Regular Crew

I am still waiting for 2 x 4Gb Transcend SDcards that should arrive tomorrow.
Any idea when 8Gb will be available in Europe?
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Hanoteau
This is good news for me. Do I need a camera connector to transfer the files from the Sanyo to the iPod? I don't think the iPod has a SD card slot.
USB "bridges" are available. They allow two USB devices to transfer files directly (without a computer). However, they are somewhat pricey and I've never used one.
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:56 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Hi Calin,
I will discard the "iPod" option since it seems impossible to directly monitor the transferred footage. I definitely agree with Graham's choice which promotes an extensive use of SD cards.
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #25
Inner Circle

I have been sticking out of this forum because of time restraints but here is another spin on Ipod.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=65832
http://www.bella-usa.com/Catapult.htm

As I understand it IShops are selling Sanyos. It is actually useful functionality to be able to transfer and monitor Mpeg4 and H264 cameras on disk to the IPOD. There is linux IPOD programming systems and maybe more native ones, and even a Linux system that is cross compatible between different brands of players (google it) but it is much easier to just talk somebody else into it.

As there are a number of H264 cameras coming and who knows how many Mpeg4 releases still left, there is a market to do this (not to mention all those notorious little cheap solid state handicams that better fit the IPOD).

Bella above might be interested, even Apple, though I think point out that there will be a number of these cams on the market Bella might least likely to not show interest. For Apple though it would be a marketable complementary use for their system, and the cameras they sell in shop. Their is also the , odd, chance that the people that use it might want to sell footage through Itunes.

Anyway, just an crazy idea.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)