HD1 to H.264 and podcast at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old May 6th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #1
Trustee

HD1 to H.264 and podcast

HD1 to FCP to H.264 with Podcast

So far, Hd1 is small enough to take it around all the time, and clip like this (dispensable) is not really worth to save on tape, so memory based footage is suitable to me. I wish it has little better control on the focus (can't change manually during recording), but HD1 works good for what it is made for.
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Ideal for PodCast or Vblog

Yup, this camera is pretty perfect for web-distribution... My biggest problem is making up my mind to shoot in 4:3 instead of 16:9 - I always have this idea that I NEED to shoot in the most possible resolution... just in case... Ha ha.

In reality it seems like I might need to change my mind set - at least for quick clips.

www.eyespot.com/blogs/bo

This is not the perfect solution, but its so incredible easy to upload content and much faster to deal with for personal use than youtube. (smile)

Bo

www.bophoto.com/HDV
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #3
Trustee

Bo,

I found that it is very smooth to use iPhoto, iMovie HD at 720p and iWeb to publish to dotMac. This workflow is very much less headache to me.

So, I made a dedicated site for my video clips and information on the web.
Man, iWeb is happening just like the same way iDVD is made well.

Affordable HD Study Web version
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

WOW.. very nice, I have promptly bookmarked your site..!

Tough the word "afordable HDV" and using the Sanyo and the Panasonic in the same sentense... Thats pretty bold. (smile)

Bo

www.bophoto.com/HDV
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:23 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks Bo,

about the title, at that site, I'm not coming by each camera's quality, but to be used for this particular site at H.264 quality.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)