Black screen repair reliability at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old September 6th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Black screen repair reliability

I'm curious how perminant the black screen resolution is. Please post your experiences: When did it black screen, how long did repair take, and did it happened again after the fix.

Thanks in advance!
Old September 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #2
New Boot

Not reliable

I sent mine in to the address they specified. It took almost 1 month to get back. It work for 1 day and was back to black. That is when I called Sanyo and told them it is time for a refund. It was a battle, but I got full refund as problems started before 30 day warrenty.

I feel bad for the folks that start having problems after 30 day as it looks like Sanyo will not refund. When a product is defective and is not repaired then sanyo should allow refunds no matter how long after purchase. They should have had recall right away. I still have not seen a recall for the camera lense to be fixed.

So far, it looks like the xacti has both quality video as well as high MP photos. I am leary of the hd1a. I am hoping the new Samsung HDx15 will actualy have much better photo capabilties than their other recently released models. Anyone know for sure?
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Regular Crew

My cam took a month to come back, but I've been using it repaired for two months now and have no issues. Seems to be working well.
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I would be careful not to bump the camera. Depending on the nature of the fault, it might make it happen. According to people, bumping seems to make it come right for a while, so it might be something that is susceptible to bumps in the first place.

Here's to waiting for the HD2, or the other low cost h264's coming.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)