Underwater Housing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old December 26th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #1
New Boot

Underwater Housing

Has anyone tried this underwater housing - designed specifically for the HD1/HD1A

http://www.digifish.nl/en/news121.html
Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:38 PM   #2
Major Player

This is a total reversal from what I was told by Epoque USA earlier this year. As the publisher of UWDV.COM, I was surprised to see this actually being made available. I was assured it wasn't going to happen by the distributor for Epoque here in the states, but stranger things have happened...
Old January 2nd, 2007, 09:01 PM   #3
New Boot

I received email that unit was shipped Dec. 29th, so I should receive it within the next few days. Will let you know when I receive it.

My usage of this housing is probably unusual. I'm a windsurfer and want to be able to mount a camera to the top of the mast, pointing down and take pictures and videos while sailing. The Sanyo HD1A is perfect as it takes both great stills and great video and is very light and compact. Also, it has a remote so it can be controlled by the sailor. The waterproof housing should protect the camera from getting wet. Will use a small waterproof bag for the remote.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:09 PM   #4
New Boot

Arrived this morning. Quite a unit - looks more expensive than the camera.

Haven't tested it yet. Only disappointment is that remote will not work when camera is in the housing.
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Tourist

Go for it, MAN! I just spend 16 days at the Florida State Marine Sanctuary with this camera and housing and I couldn't get enough.

It handles extremally well underwater and if you use the 4GB SD card this will allow you to film almost as long as your dive time allows.

Before going into the open water, experiment a little with the settings in a local swimming pool or a well lit aquarium. This will give you a feeling of what settings you should use on your dive. Don't use the Auto White Blance as it will throw the colors into the yellow spectrum.

If interested see my thread on this forum. I'm selling this really cheap as my assignment is over and I want to invest in a more professional set up.

Best !

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)