Difference between HD2 and HD1/HD1a at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 08:41 AM   #1
New Boot

Difference between HD2 and HD1/HD1a

Hi !
I'm new of this forum. I read all the threads about Sanyo HD family because I wonder buy the new model HD2.
I start this thread to invite any people who bought a new HD2 model to post his comment about the real difference and, the most important thing, to join same new movie samples.

The only samples in this forum are not so good (I say worste than HD1 samples). I think at http://fujiiphoto.com/2ch/hd2/ samples...

I read, for example, that the zoom noise is disappared, and the focusing problems with tele-zoom too. Isn't true ?

Thank in advance and sorry for my english !!

Bye, bye

Fabio
Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have used the HD1 since it came out, and have liked it very much notwithstanding the criticisms -- the footage looks much better on HDTV than does DV.
I have just received the HD2 and it is clearly better. It is better in low light and all the footage looks cleaner, with less visual noise.
If you are recording in a very quiet environment, the sound gain will go up and autofocus and zoom noise is recorded. It is not noticeable under normal recording conditions. If it is a problem in special circumstances, I would use an external mike --one of the Sanyo's nice features
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #3
New Boot

Thank you Peter for the answer,
I'm quite sure to buy the HD2 but, looking at the video samples of on fujiphoto website, I've noticied that the white is too flash and the details into dark black are lost. More video samples of HD1/HD1A seem much better in this sense. Perhaps it can be a difference setup of the camera: in the User's guide I read that the imagine can be correct with "Image settings" VIVID, NORMAL, SOFT, SOFT WIND.
In your opinion your "whites" and "blacks" are ok ?
I will be happy if only you'll say they are the same of HD1 !!

Thank again a lot for your comments.

Bye

Fabio
Old June 20th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #4
Tourist

Here is a sample HD2

Here is a sample of a red bush in the wind fully zoomed in on a tripod using tehe remote to zoom out with. Slight lens flare from the sun but if you want I have a new thread at the top that if you have requests to post them there and I will record and post a link to the footage.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N54OQ8AE
Old October 24th, 2007, 03:39 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Awesome! But what is the comparison between the HD2 and a HDV SD1

That bush video quality is awesome Joshua. Thank you.
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:41 AM   #6
Regular Crew

This Japanese language page has some side by side comparisons of footage from the HD1A and the HD2
http://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/article...06/121105/?P=2
The HD1A seems to have been doctored to make it look nice, colourful, but the HD2 looks considerably more natural and with more definition. It looks good enough to shoot a feature film with!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)