DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   NewBlue Stabilizer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/473458-newblue-stabilizer.html)

Edward Troxel March 12th, 2010 01:32 PM

Andy, definitely zoom in. There's only so much you can do when creating new edges that "don't exist". There are several border options. Try them all and see which you like best for that specific piece of footage. Different options may be best for any given clip.

Shanta Wanagi March 15th, 2010 03:27 PM

Stabilzer Step two

I seem to be missing something here. I have completed the step 1 analyze and adjusted the step 2 settings to bring about the stabilization needed, but the text on the screen still appears saying "New Blue Stabilizer: Analysis required".. how do I get the results and get the text to go away? Thanks!

Edward Troxel March 16th, 2010 07:13 AM

Shanta, first of all, make sure you're on the most current version. Then, does it go through all the frames when you click on Analyze?

Sean Nordeen March 16th, 2010 02:16 PM

If you have inserted the Stablizer in more then one clip, make sure you are editting the settings in the correct clip (I've made that mistake more then once). If all else fails, close your editting program down and restart it.

Edward Troxel March 16th, 2010 03:25 PM

You shouldn't need to totally restart Vegas. Just close the effect dialog and then click on the FX button on the clip you're sure you want to edit.

Shanta Wanagi March 19th, 2010 01:00 AM

Stabilizer step 2

I'm not sure if I'm on the most current version. It seems to go through all the frames. The adjustments made work well, but when it's finished the text remains on the screen.. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong. I have doubled check and I am on the right clip. I tried shutting down, etc.

Thank you all for trying to help me. I hope to get this figured out. I would hate to think I wasted my money. I submitted a ticket for help a week ago and have not heard back.

Edward Troxel March 19th, 2010 07:10 AM

Shanta, it sounds like you may need to open a help ticket on the NewBlue site. To get the version number you currently have, add Stabilizer to an event and then click on the "i" button. The build number will tell you which update you have. What is your current version? I'm showing it should be Version 1.2 build 100311.

Dale Peterson April 21st, 2010 09:11 AM

Thanks to all who added comments to this thread, and to Erik for your videos. This looks to be just what I have been seeking. I do a pretty large amount of hand held shooting, and although I think I'm pretty smooth there are always some shakes to take out. Off to download the trial and check it out!

James Binder June 25th, 2010 01:54 PM

Does this plug work on 24p footage (t2i)?

Thanks -

Edward Troxel June 25th, 2010 06:43 PM

If it's a MOV file, there may be some issues. If you convert it to Cineform, it should work fine. Best option is to test it yourself. There's a fully functional demo.

James Binder June 25th, 2010 07:00 PM

Thanks Edward --

Dennis Helmar June 27th, 2010 10:34 AM

Water Mark

Ed is there any way for you to remove the water mark from New Blue 64? I can't get by this monster. Most people just do a 14 day free demo.

Edward Troxel June 27th, 2010 03:07 PM

You just have to run the activation program and enter the purchased serial number.

Dennis Helmar June 27th, 2010 03:18 PM

Sorry Edward, I thought you worked for the New Blue company.

Edward Troxel June 28th, 2010 06:53 AM

Dennis, I do work with NewBlue. Any specific questions about the NewBlue products should be directed to my newblue e-mail address or through the NewBlue help ticket system. By going through the NewBlue support system, I can ask questions that cannot be asked on an open forum such as this.

As for removing the watermark, the answer I gave is the only solution. When first installed, it should work watermark free for about 10 days. After the watermark appears, the only way to remove the watermark is to purchase a serial number and properly activate the product.