DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   NewBlue Stabilizer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/473458-newblue-stabilizer.html)

Jaime Espiritu February 23rd, 2010 06:07 PM

NewBlue Stabilizer

Has anyone seen or know of this new program that works with Sony Vegas yet?

Mike Kujbida February 23rd, 2010 06:27 PM

There's a rather lengthy discussion about it on the Sony Vegas forum.
As with all software, there are those who like it and those who don't.
There's a trial version so download it and see for yourself.

Edward Troxel February 23rd, 2010 08:16 PM

To specifically answer your question, it does work with both the 32-bit and 64-bit pro versions as well as the Movie Studio versions.

Erik Phairas February 24th, 2010 06:57 PM

I bought it. I'm doing a render right now. I'll post a comparison later. It takes a long time to render though. 5 minute 720p video has taken 110 minutes to render out not counting the time it took to analyze.

Erik Phairas February 24th, 2010 07:31 PM

Yikes, first render is completely unusable. Default settings are strange. Instead of cropping the image when it tracks it fills it in. So you get blurry borders. Plus the whole image will blur out now and then almost like heat waves are passing in front of the camera. I changed some things and i'm trying again.

Turned down the strength, changed from fill to fit.

Erik Phairas February 24th, 2010 09:33 PM

Alright video uploaded. The settings seemed to work. Almost all the edge artifacts were gone and I barely see any of the blurring. Seems if the camera moves too much the software causes edge blurring in the direction of the camera move. Nothing is perfect but it definitely helps. I do wish the render times were cut down though, must be a lot of computing going on.

The video still needs to convert but here is the link.

There was some text in the original video that I didn't remove so you will see it jumping around a bit at the start...

Perrone Ford February 24th, 2010 10:09 PM

That does a real nice job.

Cedric Cornell February 25th, 2010 07:52 AM

Mike, link to trail version?
Can't find it.....going blind!

Mike Kujbida February 25th, 2010 07:59 AM

Cedric, it's 4th from the bottom of Download NewBlueFX | Free trial downloads

Erik Phairas February 25th, 2010 07:07 PM

Is there a link to the sony vegas forums spoken of? Can't seem to find the discussion.

Mike Kujbida February 25th, 2010 08:13 PM

Here you go:
NEW NewBlue Video Stabilizer
Stabilizer Sample Clips is another good thread on this.

Erik Phairas February 25th, 2010 08:52 PM

Thanks! Looks like they had a little trouble the first couple weeks. Installed easy for me. I do need to check how many cores it is using. Seems that is the new discussion going on.

EDIT: interesting. Uncheck New Blue in the FX and render. All four cores doing at least something. Near 80% CPU usage. Check New Blue and render again. Now only 2 cores are reaching near the top of the graph, one other is about half, and the forth is just sitting there.

Erik Phairas February 27th, 2010 02:54 PM

Video is still being converted but here is a 1080p test

Terry Esslinger February 27th, 2010 03:32 PM

I have Mercalli. Anyone done a comparison? And conclusions>

Troy Williams February 28th, 2010 03:04 PM

Doesn't like 23.97p fame rate

I could be missing something but I can't seem to get it to work with 23.97 framerate footage I get an error message each time. This is a deal breaker for me if I have to convert my project to 29.9 frame rate to stabilize clips.