Trial NewBlue Video Essentials 1 not rendering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

NewBlueFX plug-ins
Stabilzer, blends, effects and more for Mac & PC editors.

Old May 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM   #1
New Boot

Trial NewBlue Video Essentials 1 not rendering

I installed the trial version for this, enabled a track effect with Color Fixer Plus. I can see the difference in split screen and play modes but when I render I get the pre-effect version.

???
Arthur Maravelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Trial NewBlue Video Essentials 1 not rendering

If you can see the effect on the preview screen, that is what you should see on render. The trial and the "real" versions are exactly the same products - you just unlock the trial using the serial number. So it's definitely not a limitation of the trial. Are you sure there's not something else going on? I definitely haven't seen any issues in Vegas not rendering Color Fixer Plus correctly (and I use it a LOT).
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM   #3
New Boot

Ed, Nope it's not working as it should. I tried rendering to Sony AVC MP4 and MC MPEG-2 and same result.

It may be related to the settings I'm using in the plug-in, as it does work on a fresh, new clip.

I uploaded the veg file and some screen shots of what's happening. If you can see anything wrong let me know. In the split screen the right half is with the FX enabled.

Index of /temp/vegas

Also, if I delete the plug-in settings as seen, and just do a sepia on the entire track it does render correctly. So, it appears there's something wrong with my NewBlue animation timeline.

What I should mention is that this footage ran into the early evening, so I'm trying to brighten it up and color correct by using several keyframes and changing settings as I go.

I added pic 228 which only has a brightness ramp and same thing.

----------------------------------------
I rendered with the FX enabled and disabled and there is a difference; not as drastic as in the preview but it is there. So, I guess it was workign all along but the output and the preview are not a good match.

Last edited by Arthur Maravelis; May 2nd, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Arthur Maravelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:51 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

What happens if you render to a different format? In other words, is it only the formats you're using that has an issue or does it happen across the board? Try MPEG2, DV, maybe even a small section to uncompressed AVI.

Does the same thing happen with the DirectX version vs the OpenFX version?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins