Saving NB modifications - possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins

NewBlueFX plug-ins
Stabilzer, blends, effects and more for Mac & PC editors.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:15 AM   #1
Trustee

Saving NB modifications - possible?

Is it possible to save changes one has made to NB effects - specifically transitions?

I use Glow a great deal and would like to save an Afterlife version of 12 or 18 frame duration. I think it's possible because I've successfully saved something which appears to be it but where should I save it and how is it recalled into another edit?

Incidentally, I've abandoned my planned move from Liquid 7.2 to Vegas 10 (referred to in another thread) after I found out how relatively clunky Vegas is compared to the speed and smoothness (and of course, familiarity) of Liquid so I'm stuck with the less than satisfactory way that NB fits into Liquid. I even bought the book and found myself wondering why oh why Paul Ekert hadn't written one for Vegas - it's very disappointing.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Saving NB modifications - possible?

Personally, I find Liquid clunky compared to Vegas - once again probably because of familiarity. But here's the important thing - Liquid is a dead NLE and is no longer supported by anybody - including NewBlue. None of our current products work with Liquid.

As for making new presets - in Vegas you can just type in the new preset name and click on the save button. In most NLE's (including Vegas), you can click on the "P" button and save or load any preset you wish to save. These presets will be saved as individual files on your hard drive.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins