New Blue FX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

NewBlueFX plug-ins
Stabilzer, blends, effects and more for Mac & PC editors.

Old December 31st, 2012, 07:34 PM   #1
New Boot

New Blue FX

I bought a dell computer last year and also updated to sony vegas pro 11 and found out that I didn't have a graphics card needed to use new blue fx. I am not familiar with this but I did find out that my computer which is a inspiron 620, 1tb harddrive, 8 gigs of ram is not gpu ready (if that is the right word to use). In other words I am new to this and am wondering if I can upgrade graphics card (and if I can which one would I need) so that I could use New Blue FX.
Jerry Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: New Blue FX

If it's a laptop, you probably don't have an option. If it's a desktop, any current nVidia or ATI card with a current version of the video driver should work fine.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks, I'm looking at

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Ultimate Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card (100326UL)
Jerry Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:10 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

That should be fine as long as you're using a current version of the video driver. Make sure you check with ATI's website to get the current version. The current Catalyst version is 12.10.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins