Nikon HD video general discussion thread - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old September 25th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #16
New Boot

What about audio on 300s?

Couldn't find any info related to audio compression, bit rate, etc. Did anyone?
Would we have enough quality for our films or separate audio capture is still a must??
Jun Sakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Anoop Dasai and the Nikon D90

http://www.youtube.com/user/syberfil.../0/sLaxyqZD6Hw

I shot this to do some tests with the Nikon D90.. I had no lighting and we used the audio straight out of the camera. No color correction.

Lens used was the Nikon 50mm F/1.8

I converted using h.264 at 720P.

Last edited by Erick von Schulz; February 5th, 2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: new video link. old link is down.
Erick von Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Anoop Desai Behind the Scenes music video Nikon D90

This is some test footage from the Upcoming Anoop Desai Music video. Mostly behind the scenes shots and some test images of him singing.

YouTube - Anoop Desai at the Recording Studio

I had to mute the singing until the song is released.

Shot with the Nikon D90

Lenses used

Nikon 50mm F/1.8
Nikon 35mm F/1.4
Nikon 85mm F/1.4

Fan Site
Anoop Desai - All Is Fair Debut EP
Erick von Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #19
Trustee

Wireless Live View Remote Control for NIKON cameras

This device called the LV-W1 Wireless Live View Remote Control, may be of interest for those of you needing a Live view screen off-camera:

Pixel Enterprise Co., Ltd

It fits most Nikon DSLRs such as the D300s, D90, D3s etc, but I think it will also work on the Canon and Pentax DSLRs.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:32 AM   #20
New Boot

looks good

I will be doing a bunch of tests with my d90 over the next week or two. I am looking for a used samson audio recorder to use with it.
Stephen F. Bodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:55 PM   #21
Major Player

Companion Camera for a D90?

This may be the wrong sub-forum, but I'm posting here as fellow D90 users with experience can likely be more helpful to my cause then general advice aloof of HDSLR usage.

So here goes,

I can't wait to get my hands on a D90 (720p 24fps, I've played with one a bit) for my next movie, however there are limitations with this camera and I'm looking at maybe getting a companion camera. I'm using this lens because I have a good collection of Pro Nikon glass at my disposal.

Current I have a Flip Ultra HD (720p @ 30fps) which has its uses but doesn't have a zoom or any other regular camcorder function so it becomes a crash-cam where I want action really close to the camera where it my get damaged. So I'm looking at getting another companion camera, at least 720P. It needs to be inexpensive in comparison to the D90 which will take the lion share of video, this camera would be for slow-mo and fast pan shots mainly. Initially I was looking at the Sanyo Xacti TH1 for $179 (720p 30fps, 30x zoom) but it may be underpowered for what I need.

What are people's experience / suggestions?
Old December 16th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #22
Trustee

Which monitor- mount for the d7000 NIKON?

Could you suggest a good 7" monitor for my nikon d7000?
Which Eye finder
Monitor
Shoulder rig support?

Thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:26 AM   #23
Trustee

D7000 settings compared with the old Sony hdv

Hola,
just one question to you HDSLR gurus....
IT's long time i ve been using the HDV sOny cameras like Fx1,fx7, Z7 and since a couple of months when it happens i like to use my dad's new d7000.
For the picture is amazing and i guess so for the video. The image quality is stunning but i need your help on suggestions about settings:
-1: perfect (spring) sunny day, i set 100-200 ISO while with the sony i used to set 0 DB as Gain value.
Is it a good value for outside shooting 100-200 ISO? To not have DOF i uese to keep the iris of the nikon at f11.
-2: cloudy day with the sonys setting @9db of Gain how many Isos would you recomend? Iris?
-3: interior of a house very dark i used to set 12 DB but the noise begin to appear, so how many Iso would you suggest?
thx guys, but these are the new steps on the HDSLR world
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #24
Regular Crew

New Nikon D7000 1.02 Firmware update

The latest firmware update is available on the Nikon European website

Nikon D7000 firmware update 1.02 is now official | Nikon Rumors
Laurence Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #25
Trustee

Re: New Nikon D7000 1.02 Firmware update

No 30p FPS??
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #26
Trustee

Jerky playback of D700 video

Anyone using Premiere CS5.5 and experiencing jerky playback from their video files might like to try this quick fix.

The jerky playback problem is caused by the .MOV extension, simply change the extension to .MPG and the problem is fixed. Use Bridge, Batch Rename to change the extension.

Problem fixed
Old October 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #27
Major Player

IOS 5, Nikon D5100 and iPad iMovie success!

I am pleased to announce... no, make that THRILLED to announce that since upgrading to iOS5 and the latest version of the iPad version of iMovie, my native Nikon D5100 1280 x 720 footage now works directly in iPad iMovie! This is extremely cool! I have no idea if other cameras work now as well, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if several of them do. Other Nikons will I'm sure. I'd love to hear from a Canon owner trying this.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM   #28
Major Player

Re: IOS 5, Nikon D5100 and iPad iMovie success!

A few IOS updates later, now all footage from the Nikon D5100 works with the iPad, including 1080p at the highest quality! This may not be so unusual now. Video from several cameras I've tried now plays on the iPad and edits in iPad iMovie at 1080p. Very cool none-the-less.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Nikon D4-work in progress for an image video

Dear friends.

The new generation of VDSLR's is here and Nikon was kind enough to supply me with the D4 for filming my latest project, an image video for one of the most prestigious universities in the world, "the university of music and preforming arts, Vienna" (Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien | MDW | Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien)

My full report on the "work in progress" can be found in the Vimeo page

Thank you!

Johnnie
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #30
Major Player

Nikon 35mm f/1.4G?

I'm enjoying my new Nikon D800, but I'm having a little trouble deciding on lenses. I played around with the Nikon 35mm f/1.4G today and I like everything about it except for the focus ring. It's very light/loose, and I don't know if I can get used to that for shooting video. Some lenses seem to have the best of both worlds: lightning-fast autofocus and well-dampened, smooth focus rings (e.g. my EF 24mm f/1.4 II and Sigma 85mm f/1.4).

I'm thinking about getting a Samyang 35mm f/1.4 in addition to the Nikon 35mm f/1.4 just because of this issue. (Well, and I bet it also provides a much larger turning distance for focus travel.)

Has anyone else shot video with the 35/1.4G? And if so, were you able to get used to the focus ring pretty well?
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video