Nikon Technical Service Advisory for D600 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old February 27th, 2014, 09:38 AM   #1
Major Player

Nikon Technical Service Advisory for D600

On Wednesday I received an email from Nikon offering a sensor cleaning service and/or replacement (if needed) of the shutter mechanism on my D600.

I know there's a bit of dust on my sensor - I change lenses multiple times on every shoot - but I've had no issues with image quality in the past year of regular use. It's an interesting offer, one that not only validates the "oil spots" problem that some users experienced, but also the willingness of Nikon to rectify the issue. Maybe this will provide some closure to the controversy that surrounded the launch of this excellent camera.
Sam Renkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:51 PM   #2
DVi Contributor

Re: Nikon Technical Service Advisory for D600

does anyone have new reports of issues with higher serial numbered D600s? I was looking at adding a body that a friend is offering to my pile of cameras. I would primarily be shooting video not so much stills. I love my old Nikon glass and would like to shoot full frame with it again.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Nikon Technical Service Advisory for D600

Other than the issue with oil spots (which has been exaggerated quite a bit) what issues are you referring to? I've been shooting with a D600 as my primary video camera since December 2012 with zero issues. It's a solid camera, and even though mine DID have the oil spot issue it was never anything that affected the images I captured.

Anyone who uses an interchangeable lens camera will need to clean the mirror and the sensor to remove dust at some point (unless you work in a surgical environment).

Sam
Sam Renkin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video