Slow Motion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 26th, 2003, 11:22 PM   #1
Tourist

Slow Motion

I have been shooting with the GL2 and editing with premiere 6.5.
I use the right click then speed function to slow down the clip and speed it up but if i slow it down to much it starts to almost shake and wiggle. Is there another way of doing slo mo on premiere?
Also how do i make a clip only slow motion in the middle.
ie. If some ones rolling up to do a trick and then right in the middle you slow it down and right when there done you put it back to regular speed.
Thanks
Old May 27th, 2003, 02:27 AM   #2
Major Player

www.100fps.com

/Andy
Andreas Fernbrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2003, 05:09 AM   #3
Wrangler

Make cut via the razor tool and add different speed effect to different parts of the footage. I've found it's best to buffer the slow motion. In other words if your going from 100% to 50% speed have a short 75% section in between. Makes it slow down "smoother".
Also regarding the flicker you get when slowing your footage down- right click your footage, choose and navigat to field options and turn on "flicker removal". It'll help smooth out your slow mo. However beware- anything under roughly 60-50% will look a little jittery no matter what.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC