Premier Pro CS3 + AspectHD + Blackmagic Intensity at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 13th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premier Pro CS3 + AspectHD + Blackmagic Intensity

I am trying to come up with a PC editing station. I work on Macs at work and while they are great I can build my own PC for cheaper than I could buy a Mac.
Plus 3D Studio Max doesn't run on OSX and there is no way I am going to try and learn Maya after killing myself learning 3D Studio.

I was just curious about using Premier CS3 with AspectHD and monitoring via the Instensity card. Will it work or is it a bad idea?

Camera is a Canon XH-A1
Ryan Szulczewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

OK, so I think I might be confused. It appears the Intensity Cards have their own codec so I imagine if I capture using Cineforms codec I can't preview using the Blackmagic card. So if I went with Aspect HD what kind of card would I need to monitor HD?
Ryan Szulczewski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC