Pinnalce Studio / Music for main Menu at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old March 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Pinnalce Studio / Music for main Menu

Hey guy's I am not sure if this is the correct forum or not. But I am using Pinnacle Studio (Not too thrilled about it) and I am creating a simple DVD of two youth Basketball games.

On the main menu where the viewer picks where he/she wants to go I am trying to add some music. When I play the wav file outside of Pinnale the file is 1:50 in length. But when I drop it into the project it is only the 1st 20 seconds of the clip?

I am wondering will I get the full version when I make the DVD?

I am also wondering, will the music play and re-play the entire time until the viewer makes a chapter selection? or can the music expire?

Thanks!
Guy Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Trustee

When the editor does that, it is usually an error in the file that causes it. It may still play in a player, but part of the file is damaged.

The best method I have found for fixing thoses, if they can be repaired, is to run them through VirtualDub (open, then save as). If the link in VirtualDub is the same as in Studio, it has problems and you need to get it again.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Major Player

When you say the file is damaged do you mean my project of the music file that I am trying to insert?
Guy Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Trustee

Just the music file. The rest should be fine.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Godwin View Post
Hey guy's I am not sure if this is the correct forum or not. But I am using Pinnacle Studio (Not too thrilled about it) and I am creating a simple DVD of two youth Basketball games.

On the main menu where the viewer picks where he/she wants to go I am trying to add some music. When I play the wav file outside of Pinnale the file is 1:50 in length. But when I drop it into the project it is only the 1st 20 seconds of the clip?

I am wondering will I get the full version when I make the DVD?

I am also wondering, will the music play and re-play the entire time until the viewer makes a chapter selection? or can the music expire?

Thanks!
You want to increase the main page background time length to the music's. You can adjust this by double clicking the menu clip itself, time at upper right of window. After you have made the thumbnails and added music track, burn it. Play it on another standalone DVd player. You should get the entire length of the music. It will repeat track a few times before it plays the video itself.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC