Audio Mixer for editing suite at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old July 20th, 2003, 04:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio Mixer for editing suite

Hi Folks:

I am putting the finishing touches to my editing suite and wondered if someone could advise me on what audio mixer or switcher I should use for post production work.

This mixer is only required to direct audio from three different sources into the reference monitors - from the computer (editing program) from the VCR, and from a DVD. I also need to have a loopback into the Matrox breakout box.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ron
Ron Stoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2003, 08:55 AM   #2
Wrangler

I have not hooked it up to my edit suite, but I have a Mackie 1202-VLZ it seems to do field work and dump to tape OK, it should do non-linear editing just as good. It has 12 channels, 4 Mono with XLR and 3/4 Jack and 8 channels stereo pairs 3/4 Jack. Also has XLR Out stereo or 3/4 Jack.

Check out www.mackie.com

Its a solid piece of kit, but a little bit expensive.

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2003, 08:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Ed.

Funnily enough that was the one I was zeroing in on. They sell for about $399 new but there are plenty available around the $200 on Ebay.

I think that's what I'll get.

Many thanks

Ron
Ron Stoole is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC