Problem in After Effects Pro 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:17 PM   #1
New Boot

Problem in After Effects Pro 7

Greetings all, I have encountered a problem in After Effects and am wondering if someone can help. Here is the problem, a few days ago I opened After Effects and got an error saying "After Effects error : can't get Unicode file (83 :: 4)" with an option to press OK,
once I do that I get "After Effects warning : Unknown BIB Error. invalid encoding, BRV, 0" and finally one saying "After Effects error : failed to parse transmap file (83 :: 4)". After this I need to use TasK Manager to close the program. I have done much research on this error and from other forums it seems to be attributed to a bad or corrupt Font. I have added tons of Fonts to my Fonts Folder so I couldn't identify the buggy one. This lead me to do a fresh Windows Install. After completing the fresh install I installed After Effects again and found the error still there. I was however able to scroll through my Fonts in After Effects and discovered that this error was triggered by a Font named Fixedsys. I went to the font folder to investigate and could not find this Font there (even when I viewed hidden files and variations). I have tried copying the install files to my drive and installing that way, and nothing. So I am turning to this forum for some suggestions. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Steven Garay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Major Player

Just a shot in the dark, but could it be a registry problem?
Perhaps a regclean?
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM   #3
New Boot

Well after a day of fiddling and diddling, I was able to find a solution. By the way I did try the registry clean and it didn't solve the problem. Here's what I did; I installed After Effects 6.5 in order to compare both installations and I noticed that the disk for After Effects 7 pro was skipping the installation of Help center and some other things. I copied the After Effects 7 pro setup files to my drive and added Commonfiles Installer, Help Center 1.0, and Adobe Bridge from the 6.5 disk. Installed the program and BAM BOOM, no more problems. This didn't quite identify the exact problem but Im done dealing with this issue. Thanks guys.
Steven Garay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC