XM2, and frame mode frame order.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 29th, 2003, 09:03 PM   #1
Trustee

XM2, and frame mode frame order..

Hi all. I use an XM2 and Vegas video for my NLE and when setting up a project you can select the frame order of the video. Now I was wanting to do some tests in the XM2 frame mode and was wondering what setting I should use for my project? Normally the DV is done on Lower Field First, but should I use the Progressive option? The help for that option says if you're viewing it on computer use progressiver otherwise use the normal (Lower) one.

From what I know of the Canon's Frame mode, it stil stores everything interlaced but the snapshots are taken (Almost at one point in time, rather than 1/50 of a second apart) so I would have thought just sticking with Lower would be the best.

For those of you who use Frame mode and Vegas (And I assume it's the same in other NLE's that why I posted here), what do you guys use and could you clear it up for me?

Cheers
Aaron
Old September 9th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Use progressive for frame mode footage and lower for interlaced
footage.

In Vegas I'm using progressive/none for my XL1s frame mode
footage.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC