Which is a better Workflow? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 12th, 2008, 04:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Which is a better Workflow?

I need to edit my commercials on a impeg timeline so I can xsend with a 3rd party (Omneon) encoder.

I shoot using a Sony EX3 camera using 1440 x 1080 50i.

At the monent I use clipbrowser to export an .mxf file, and import it into liquid XE, change the size using the properties to "fit both" to fit to the timeline.

Would I get better pictures by using clip browser to export .avi DV instead of .mxf as these do not need to be rendered on the timeline as the .mxf files?

Does Liquid do a better job of converting the files than Clipbrowser?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Twittey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I must be the only one using this Camera and Workflow!
Anybody got an opinion on which is better?
Mark Twittey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Major Player

Not the only one using that camera, just one of the few using it with Liquid XE I suppose. i use EX footage with PPro on AJA and Matrox systems, but that is totally different.

I know nothing about Liquid XE, but I guarantee that rendering to DV AVI files is not going to get you better quality.
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCarthy View Post
I know nothing about Liquid XE, but I guarantee that rendering to DV AVI files is not going to get you better quality.
Shooting in HDV mode isn't helping matters either...

Seems as if Mark is going out of his way to make a $9000 camera behave like a $900 one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC