Fed up with "FREE" Drivers !! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 27th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Fed up with "FREE" Drivers !!

I find increasingly nowadays that when you want to download the latest driver for a device that you spend ages hunting for, that you get shunted to "FREE" downloads that are any thing BUT, that is after you have given them your details.

Where possible I try to go to the manufacturer's site but even these are not always very supportive. - As an example, I tried going to the Liteon site but it was most unhelpful and after "Googling" all I got was these "FREE" things that in the end weren't. - Any suggestions ?

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I absolutely agree with you regarding those site, I avoid them.

I have been fortunate in that my burners, etc., for the last couple of years have been sonys and pioneers, and they offer relatively easy downloads of drivers and firmware.

I personally have found Liteon to not be my favorite manufacturer. They are inexpensive and have a decent reputation I suppose, but since I switched to other brands I have had much better luck overall in every way.

I have owned a few liteons and they didn't last.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC