HD encoding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Major Player

HD encoding

I have just completed my first edit on HD footage. I have a 6 minute video with music and transitions and some slow motion. Nothing special. I have been doing the same with SD for some time and never had a problem.

My HD encoded files have good quality but the footage is choppy and the sound is cutting in an out. All I can guess is that my PC is not strong enough for the extra weight? I tried posting a sameple on YouTube but that one turns out fine once it is up loaded and compressed by the site?

Just wondering if my PC is the problem.

9600 Quad Core 2.3 Ghz
4.0 GB Memory
7500 RPM
Guy Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #2
Trustee

Sounds like it. If you're editing native HDV you're leaning on your system pretty hard. I get audio breaks in playback periodically. It happens after I've been editing for several hours (on Premier Pro CS3). I attribute it to a widely suspected memory leak in PP. A reboot solves the problem.

Your system should be beefy enough for HDV. You might want to go to your NLE's support Web site and search for any system optimization tips they might have there.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #3
Major Player

What Operating system are you running? Eg. XP. XP-Pro, Vista 32, Vista 64? Where are your source files and where are your program files and then your output files at the end?
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC