Gamma curve at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 8th, 2003, 07:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Gamma curve

Does anyone know who to adjust a Gamma Curve in Premiere 6.5 ??? I have used other programs that give you that diagonal line where you can curve it into the S shape, but on Premiere I cannot seem to find it, or if its done slightly different how would you adjust it to replicate a S curve????

So please help me anyone!!!

I have Premiere 6.5, but got it cheap from store as box was damaged and no manual inside. So if anyone knows a PDF version of manual let me know to!
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Christopher,

I've looked high and low for the same answer, and I finaly arrived at this conclusion: there is no way to adjust curves with a default Premiere installation. I've played with various flters, and the closest you can come is the Levels filter, but this will not give you the effect you're looking for (works great for fixing bad photography...er...high contrast washed out images<grin>).

You will need a 3rd party plugin like DigiEffect Cinelook if you want to do it in Premiere. Alternatively, you can use AfterEffects to work your magic. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 02:12 PM   #3
Major Player

Cheers Mark! Perhaps there's someone in here that my have a positive answer for us. We can but live in hope!
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 02:31 PM   #4
Inner Circle

use Vegas? :P
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2003, 08:11 AM   #5
Regular Crew

After the week I just had, I feel like switching to anything BUT Premier! I am editing a multicam wedding together, and Premiere keeps locking up. ARRRRGGG!!!!

Anyway, I've got too much money invested in Premiere for me to switch now. Like I mentioned above, I use Cinelook (several hundred $$$) plus Steadyhand and Motionperfect (more $$$) AND I just bought a new GL2. My wife put a moratorium on my buying stuff until I pay off the camera.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2003, 09:53 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Mark,

do you have a URL for the After Effects tut you mentioned above? I've looked over at the cow, but couldn't find it myself,

Thanks,

Julian
Julian Luttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2003, 06:40 AM   #7
Regular Crew

The Cinealta look tutorial is actually on THIS site, just look under Articles and click on one of the two links entitled Filmlook Via Adobe AfterEffects. Sorry for the confusion, However, in my defense, there is an article somewhere about color correction that I found quite informative. It's in the tutorial section under Color Correction.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC