TRV900 - computer won't recognise it over Firewire at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:15 AM   #1
Woodyfang

TRV900 - computer won't recognise it over Firewire

Hiya

have borrowed a TRV900 for a project, as it was shot on Maxell tapes and I only put sony's in my xm-2

trouble is, the computer and the cam refuse to see each other. I have gone to menu > others > DV editing and when i plug the camera into computer via firewire, 'dv editing' changes from 'not ready' to 'ready' for about a second, then goes back to not ready. This tells me the camera is seeing the computer, just refusing to cooperate!!!!!

I though there might be a menu setting to activate the port but there doesn't seem to be.

Have tried capturing in Premiere and premiere just doesn't see any DV device.

If anyone has any suggestions please share!! I'd rather not have to put MAxell tapes in my Canon baby!! I'm on a PC running winXP, Pentium 4, 2Ghz, 512 Mb DDR ram. Premiere 6.5

thanks alot!! I'll be back in an hour and I pray for some solutions!!!

Lighting Cameraman / Director / Producer / Music Producer / DJ / Web Designer / Visualist / Media Student / IT Tutor / Digital Artist

W00dy See, W00dy d00...
Hagop Matossian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hagop,

I use a Sony TRV900 and have had no problems when connecting it to my Premiere workstation.

Make sure you turn the camera on before opening up Premiere. Win XP normally detects it, with a message that pops up on the taskbar.

Check to see whether windows movie maker sees it.

Check that the device control in Premiere is set to DV devices 2.0 and that you have selected the make 'Sony' and model to 'generic'

Check to see whether any of these work first,

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Any luck yet ? Please post a follow up and let us know if you got it working and if so what it took . If not post what happened so we might be of assistance.
KennJ

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC