Data Recovery problems - HELP! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 12th, 2003, 06:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Data Recovery problems - HELP!

HELP!! A project that I had been editing on my PC seems to be unretrievable because my hard drive has seemingly died. My husband has tried everything to move the files onto another hard drive with no luck. Does anyone know of any data recovery services that are reasonably priced??

Thanks
Jean King
Jean King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 06:58 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

You are looking at several hundred dollars. I checked around sometime back, and found most places charge between $600 and $800 on the low end, and it does go up from there.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 07:27 PM   #3
Wrangler

Have you talked with the drive manufacturer? Sometimes they will help.
Old October 13th, 2003, 03:24 AM   #4
New Boot

If it's real important data, then I suggest you seek out a professional data recovery pplace, like what Keith suggested.

If the data isn't as critical... and the damage not horrible... then you might want to try EasyRecovery Pro, by Ontrack. (I don't work for them) I work at a school, and sometimes we get corrupted floppies from the students. If the disk isn't damaged too badly you might be able to recover the information.

The Drive manufacturer probably won't help... I think they say something along the lines of "We're not liable for the data on the disk." I'll have to double-check that, but unless it's under warrenty, you're probably not going to get anything out of it. If it is under warrenty, probably the best you're going to get out of them is a new/refurbished drive.

Could you post the Manufacturer/Model? I'll see if I've run across that drive before.

Good Luck!
Josh King is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC