full frame PC presentations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 4th, 2003, 06:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

full frame PC presentations

Hello All:

I'm trying to figure out how I can use Premiere to build slide shows timed to music that will play full screen on a 1024x768 monitor. Is there a project setting I can't see that allows me to output a high quality file of that size? Power point is useless for building synchronized slide shows.

Failing that, does anyone know a good slide show app that allows quick--but reliable--synchronization of audio with visuals?

James
James Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:10 AM   #2
Trustee

You could definitely use powerpoint for that, my friend. Where is the trouble?

You also won't be able to do this with premier, at least not at 1024 x 768 (which is basically HD resolution). Maybe Vegas. But it'd be a waste not to use PP.
Peter Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:17 AM   #3
Major Player

If your player is WMP any Premiere project exported to a multimedia format can be displayed at any screen setting. I watch my own videos full screen on a 19" monitor set to 1600 X 1200. This goes for exports from MPEG-2 to .wmv, and naturally the image quality depends on which format and what settings created it. On my general purpose PC I watch on a 17" monitor at 1024 X 768. In either case the only action I have to take is to tell media player to go to full screen. You can create a high data rate windows media export with WME9. Am I missing your point?

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the response.

What am I missing about PP? Are you referring to the Microsoft Producer plug-in?

Is there anything in it half as intuitive as seeing a waveform of the audio file, and a timeline?
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #5
Trustee

You won't be able to see the waveform and place slides based on the position of the wave. But you can certainly put time delays in slides to correspond to music cues, you'll just have to do it by ear rather than by looking at the wave.

Anyway, if you really can't use powerpoint, then just export it to normal 640x480 and open it up in mediaplayer full screen and it will display just fine on any projector. If you NEED high resolution for some reason, then you should use powerpoint.
Peter Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 12:54 PM   #6
Major Player

here is a solution for power point

Users may want to try Microsoft Producer, instead of using Microsoft Camcorder 97. Microsoft Producer is a free add-in to Microsoft PowerPoint 2002. You can use Microsoft Producer to capture, synchronize, and publish audio, video, slides, and images. Microsoft recommends that you only install Microsoft Producer on computers that run Microsoft Office XP and one of the following operating systems:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
For more information about Microsoft Producer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/powe...r/overview.asp
Old November 6th, 2003, 01:01 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Dan,

Have you used Producer? I've downloaded and had a brief look around. It seems (at first glance) to only allow a certain layout of video, jpegs and slide bullets all together. Do you know if it will allow full frame images and not video or other content? It does have a pretty useful timeline...

Thanks for your input BTW.

James
Old November 6th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #8
Major Player

don't know

I'm getting ready to use this for some corporate training stuff, so I've yet to dive in. I was actually led down the path of Camcorder 97, then once I found this I realized it didn't work on NT 4.0.
They are still defining their SOW, and making sure their procedures are up to snuff. I'll have to bring in one of my XP boxes to get this to work.

What I'm using it for is to "video" actual keystrokes in company procedures.

I'm a week away from diving in full bore on this portion of the job......

Sorry I couldn't offer more info at this time.

If it doesn't work, I'll end up filming the monitor while they do a data entry task, and of course while they talk through the steps since they want effective, not "pretty" work.

I just thought this would be a bonus, and make it look more proffesional.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC