Need Help: Continual Drop Frames during DV capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 04:01 PM   #1
Tourist

Need Help: Continual Drop Frames during DV capture

First I'd like to say, sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum and I appoligize.

Second, this is the 3rd time I'm trying to post this (the newthread.php page didn't load and I hit "back" and my messages were deleted) so bear with me.

Alright onto the problem. Recently my computer got a virus that wouldn't let the computer connect to the internet or my family's LAN. So we had to reformat it. Before the reformat there had been no problems with drop frames, it had only happened once and it wasn't the computer (skip on my DV tape during filming). Now since the reformat everytime I go to capture there is at least 5 drop frames within 30 frames of video.

I've uninstalled (then reinstalled) Premiere 2 times, went over the drivers (searched for new ones, reinstalled current ones), installed video software that came with FireWire Card (generic card :-( ) which was Ulead Video Studio 5.0 DV. The problem still exists with Premiere and in Ulead too.

My friend I talked to said that the camera (GL2) is "giving" the information to the computer too fast and the computer cannot handle it. But why would this be a problem now and not before? I've looked at the efficiency of the computer while in capture mode and it said that windows was running at 84% efficiency and all programs have been turned off with Ctrl+Alt+Delete (including anti-virus).

Now I was wondering if anyone could really figure this out because I've searched Adobe's troubleshooting site and the driver's website multiple times. Any help would be appreciated and I'm sure I'll be here waiting for a response until this problem is solved.

Info you may need to help me:
GL2
Windows 98SE
nVIDIA WDM Video Capture driver
anything else just ask please

Thank you for any help in advance.
Josh Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2003, 01:18 AM   #2
Tourist

Nevermind.

The DMA wasn't open. I had read about this earlier before I posted but did not know how to access it to check if it was open or not.
Josh Ray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC