tranfer back to dv, using pinnacle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

tranfer back to dv, using pinnacle

Hello-
I'm away from my editing computer right now, so i'm asking from memory. Ive been putting my stuff onto video cd, using pinnacle 8. The video cd quality is not exactly what im looking for, ANY improvement is welcome. I was thinking that maybe VHS might have better quality...but i'm not quite sure how to transfer to VHS. The correct way of doing this is that you need to transfer the finished product back onto dv, and then transfer dv from camera to VHS?...do you transfer back through firewire and record into camera? The manual (i think) says that pinnacle 8 has that option under something called AVI? I am right? How do i put my stuff back onto the camera? And i've been thinking about dvd burners too: they're reasonably inexpensive, but i'll be showing my stuff at a school which doesn't have access to a dvd player, so VHS (for now) seems to be the solution.
Thanks for any help-
-alex
Alex Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 08:53 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Transfer to DV tape and once you're done play the tape and the camera should automatically output an analog signal through the A/V jack on it.

Some cameras can convert from digital to analog on the fly. You may need to toggle A/V <--> DV in/out.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 04:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ok, thanks, but i guess what im really asking is how do you put your finished project back onto DV, using pinnacle 8...i havn't yet figured it out.
Alex Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2003, 09:26 AM   #4
Wrangler

out putting to DV

Alex,

Put the camera in VCR mode, and make sure you have a tape init.

Go to the 'Make movie' option.

Then select the video option (I think, they might have changed it since I have used it?). It should then render the video and output it to the camera.

I hope this helps,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2003, 08:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

ok thanks...
Alex Milne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC