Ulead VideoStudio 7 "Load from stream error" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 28th, 2003, 10:43 AM   #1
Tourist

Ulead VideoStudio 7 "Load from stream error"

I also have Ulead VideoStudio7. I tried to delete some files from the Library and a fault occured. Now I get the "Load from stream error" message on about 25 .avi files in the library.
I contacted Ulead support and have been told to do the following:

Do a clean reinstall first of the program. Please do the following:

1. Uninstall VideoStudio via the Add/Remove Program utility in the Control Panel
2. Empty the content of the TEMP folder under C Windows\Temp then restart the computer
3. Go to Start > Run then type regedit and click OK to open the Registry Editor.
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall
5. Check if {757AD3D4-036B-42FA-B0A4-96BD6F4605A0} still exsist on the list
6. If yes, delete it.
(I Also checked in the C Program
files\InstallSheild Installation Information folder, and folder had been deleted from there as well.)
7. Close the Registry Editor
8. Reinstall VideoStudio. Please make sure that no other applications are running when you reinstall. Disable your anti-virus and other utilities as well.

I have completed all of the above steps to the letter.
When I re-install the program all of the Library files are still there.
Does anyone know where the hidden Library file is located so that I can delete it?

Furthe info on how it all started and what I have done so far:

When capturing footage from a cmcorder, as a newby, I did not place each new footage into a new Library folder, although I did place them in a different Documents floder. On trying to delete some of the thumbnails from the Library folder, my computer hung for a long time, and I then shut down the program, using CTRL-ALT-DEL and closing the unresponsive program.
On starting the program again, as each of the corrupt thumbnails tries to display I receive a message " Load from stream error", and have to click OK to get past that thumbnail, about 25 times, 1 per thumbnail.
I have tried to uninstall the program using various techniques; the program's own uninstall facility, the Control Panel>Remove Programs, and Norton Cleansweep. I have also gone into the registry editor to delete of the "757AD3D4-036B-42FA-B0A4-96BD6F4605A0" folder, and delete the Windows\Temp entries.
Each time I re-install the program the full library is still there, along with all the thumbnails and the corrupt file thumbnails. I could delete all of the now unlinked thumbnails individually, but cannot do anything at all with the corrupt ones apart from clicking OK to the "Load from stream error" message.
Somewhere there is a user file with the Library info stored in it. I cannot get through to the person at Ulead Support, or lack of support, what the problem is, they just keep sending me variations of the same stereotyped answer, included in my original posting.
Many thanks
Steve

Dell P4 3.06HT, 2x200MB HDD, 1GB DDR mem, WinXP SP1, Sony DCR TRV80e, Ulead VideoStudio 7 (for now)
Steve Smith (Sussex) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2003, 04:23 AM   #2
Tourist

Problem solved.

Aftrer uninstalling Ulead VideoStudio7, use Windows Explorer and goto:
Documents and Settings \ *username* \ Application Data \ Ulead Systems
and delete the contents of the Ulead VideoStudio folder or the complete folder.
You probably only have to delete the VS_Video.dat file, but for a completely fresh install delete the complete folder.

*WARNING* All Project files and thumbnails will be deleted.
Steve Smith (Sussex) is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC