Contour shuttle pro questions.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 3rd, 2003, 09:30 PM   #1
Trustee

Contour shuttle pro questions..

I know there are a couple of people here that have them, so hope you can answer my question (I use Vegas BTW)

Can the jog wheel be used in other ways than scrubbing?? For instance, say I hold down SHIFT and use it will it move the viewable timeline area around like shift-mousewheel does? Can I use it for area selection or trimming events etc?

I'd like to rid myself of the mouse entirely (I'm getting bad RSI nowadays) and if I could do all the timeline things I think I could almost do it....

Cheers
Aaron
Old December 3rd, 2003, 09:59 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

I can honestly say I've never tried it. However, the answer should be NO because it actually is passing commands to play the timeline as you turn the wheel.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2003, 03:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The Shuttlepro is passing keystrokes as standard - so if there is a keystroke that does what you want, you can program the Shuttlepro to do that for you.

Right click on the shuttlepro icon in the system tray (usually bottom right - it looks like a pale grey circle with a dot in it). Select "open shuttlepro control panel". This lets you configure exactly what each key/dial on the shuttlepro does for each different video (etc) application you run.
Under "target application" select the application you are interested in (in your case Vegas). Under "user action" select the shuttle activity of interest (the shuttle has seven areas each side from centre to maximum turn), and then type the keystroke you want. Do this for all other shuttle settings as desired. Remember to save the result.

If there is no Vegas item listed, then create one from scratch: file|create and then select Vegas by browsing to the directory Vegas is installed in and selecting the Vegas application.

Just remember that, while your application of choice is running, the Shuttlepro will always send this keystroke (it does not recognise where on screen your mousepointer is).

Regards,

Julian
Julian Luttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2003, 09:04 AM   #4
Trustee

Thanks Julian. I think then it will be a partial solution to my problem.

Aaron

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC