Pinnacle Edition DV and Creative Collection at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pinnacle Edition DV and Creative Collection

Has anyone checked out these new tools from Pinnacle? The first is a complete NLE. I doubt they will be putting Adobe with their boards any more.

The Creative Collection includes Hollywood FX Pro, Commotion Pro, Title Deko Pro, and Impression DVD Pro.

I would be really interested in hearing some first hand reports on the use of any of these products.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage.asp?Product_ID=561&Langue_ID=2

Best,
James Rulison
James Rulison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2002, 06:26 PM   #2
Trustee

James,

from all indications Pinnacle do have something new in the works in the way of NLE packages. There is a questionaire on there DV500 Support page that asks if user would be interested in an alt. to Premiere.

A Pinnacle built solution would be a pretty good machine, especially with the software you mentioned. The only thing I:d be wary of is Pinnacles drivers. I've been using the DV500 since it first came out in late 99 and the drivers have been a little suspect at times.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2002, 04:43 PM   #3
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Here's the scoop. Pinnacle purchased technology from Fast last year. That technology included their Purple, Silver and Blue NLE solutions and an NLE app Fast had just released DV Studio. It was both powerful and customizable, unfortunately it was also a very well kept secret.

Fast Forward to now. Pinnacle is just about ready to officially launch Edition. This is the Fast software, streamlined by Pinnacle and optimized as a competitor to Premiere, Final Cut Pro and even Xpress DV. I've had a look at it and I think they are on the right track. Many. many of us want something more robust and customizable then Premiere.

I can't give you any more details yet, but you'll be hearing TONS about Edition in the very near future.

Gary
Old May 13th, 2002, 02:51 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well thanks at least now we have some word on it. Are they going to keep it exclusive to Pinnacle boards or are they going to do something smart and open it up for others like Matrox.

Best,
James
James Rulison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2002, 05:34 PM   #5
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

It's going to work with any OHCI card initially. Down the road the real-time features and hardware of the DV500 and pro-one will be added.

I don't imagine they'll add support for the RT2500.

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC