Help! - cannot play wav files! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 29th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #1
New Boot

Help! - cannot play wav files!

Hi All,

Windows will not playback audio from my .wav files. These are actually audio that were captured from my Digital Video tape via equipment like Premiere and RaptorRT.

In windows media player or in a program such as After Effects, I can see the sliders moving and the waveform going up and down. However, NO SOUND is coming out from my speakers.

When I tried playing back mp3 files or other .wav files (other than those created thru Premiere and RaptorRT), there were no such problems.

i have tried updating the drivers for my onboard sound chip as well as checking the Mciwave.dll file under "Media Control Devices" in Device Manager.

Any here know of anything I can try?

Pls Help! - i'm getting desperate!!!
Jason Soo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2004, 01:23 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Is the sound going down firewire to your camera? (happens with lots of final cut folks)

Your camera won't make any audio if the LCD screen is shut, so you won't hear any audio at all.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2004, 01:27 AM   #3
New Boot

nope......i'm trying to play the sounds from my computer harddisk...these are actually wav files.......no sound is coming out although i'm trying a host of different players and software.............the only time there;s sound is when i play them directly in premiere itself.

sigh*******
Jason Soo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC