RaptorRT users please come in ... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 29th, 2004, 12:57 PM   #1
New Boot

RaptorRT users please come in ...

Hi All,

For the purposes of a particular project, I have been capturing only audio from my video footage via Premiere and RaptorRT.

However, these audio wav files can only be played back inside Premiere. Whenever I use it in a program such as After Effects or even in windows media player or in audio programs like sound forge, no sound is played back although I can see the audio waveform as well as the time sliders moving.

I have tried everything I can think off, such as installing all the latest drivers for all my devices. It is a tedious process, as anyone with a nagging computer problem will know.

Therefore, I need all users of RaptorRT to do a little experiment which will take only a few seconds. Doubleclick your video/audio files captured with RaptorRT in windows explorer to play them back either in windows media player or in any program other than Premiere. Is there sound coming out?

This little experiment will at least tell me if my problem is specific to my system, and not just a common but as yet undocumented problem faced by RaptorRT users.

If sound is produced, can you also state if you are using a particular sound card or not?

As you can see, I am really getting desperate, as I have spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot this problem to no avail. Please spare a few seconds to help me in this experiment.

Thanks in advance!!!

PS: please also give me some advice or comments if you think it would help me. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
Jason Soo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2004, 03:25 AM   #2
New Boot

me an idiot - solved at last!!!

ok...solved the problem.....spent the whole of yesterday trying to no avail....today return from class and try agin...AT LAST!!!

the problem:
my audio line-out from the raptor card was wrongly plugged into the MIC input of my motherboard.

The correct connecton is the LINE-IN.

But after this, I still had to export the audio clip as windows waveform b4 i could playback at satisfactory audio level in windows.

.........lesson learnt.......

hope future users may benefit from my mistake..........
Jason Soo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC