XL1 with Pinnacle DV200 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 12th, 2001, 04:01 PM   #16
Mike Metcalf

Looks like another Pinnacle compatability problem.
I am not sure about DV500 but I resorted ultimately to the telephone support and got some sketchy advise about waiting for driver upgrades for the XL1 with DV200 but they could not tell me when.
I am about to bin my DV200 and would not give it away.
Advice so far is to go with Canopus!
I am awaiting one last check from my supplier before I give up though as I do not have the cash just yet to go for Storm.
Old November 13th, 2001, 03:12 AM   #17
Trustee

You're going to be waiting a while for Pinnacle to support the XL1s for the DV500. They are currently writing the driver for XP so hopefully it will be in there. As far as the card and OS goes, I use it with my Old? XL1 and Win2k and it works a dream.

It's a great card and works well, once you get it sorted, and that takes some doing. I have an IT degree and it took me a while. Unfortunately for us the computer world moves so fast that people, including manufactures just can't keep up with it. Everyone wants the latest and they want it yesterday. I love hi-tech gear, but I'm also a believer in not upgrading just because there is something newer. My point is made by many people unhappy with their XL1s'. If it works well and does what you need, why upgrade.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2001, 03:16 PM   #18
Mike Metcalf

Cheers, I will heed the advice and look hard before upgrading.
My greatest need is to edit faster without render wait time.
After that I guess the packages out there can satisfy my approach.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC