Batch Video Capture with DVtools at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Batch Video Capture with DVtools

Hi folks,

WinXP
Premiere 6.01
DV500 Plus 4.5 Drivers
2.4ghz
500+mb DDR
160gb HD
GL2

I use DVTools to batch capture to a dedicated 120gb HD.
It got as far as 45gb and started saying HD full.
HD Properties tell me that is far from the truth.
I defragmented, deleted stragglers, emptied bins, etc.
No change.

Is there an issue I am not aware of with DVTools?

I really need to Batch capture to edit a feature I just finished shooting.

Would you PLEASE suggest an application I can buy that will batch capture smoothly without any potential limitation? What do you gurus out there use?

Thanks a lot.
Sola Osofisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #2
Trustee

DVTools is notoriously buggy, I've never had it work properly in 4 years of using the DV500. Have a look at Scenalyzer a dedicated logging and capture app that for only $33 is the best money you will spend on your NLE system.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Adrian Douglas : DVTools is notoriously buggy, I've never had it work properly in 4 years of using the DV500. Have a look at Scenalyzer a dedicated logging and capture app that for only $33 is the best money you will spend on your NLE system. -->>>Thank you for your response. I was on their site earlier today, seriously considering it - but I didn't see anywhere it says it can work on WinXP. I sent them an email in the early am, no response so far. Will go look again.

Thanks again.
Sola Osofisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #4
Major Player

I downloaded the trial of Scenalyzer just for the heck of it (always thought it'd be nice to do my capturing outside my editor), and it runs fine on my copy of XP Pro.

Capture stopped at the four gigabyte mark, saying "the disk is full", but this was due to my neglecting to format my capture drive--an external LaCie unit--in NTFS. Came from the factory as FAT32, and I never noticed, because I am stupid.

Gonna give it another shot in a few minutes, once my drive's done formatting, see how it handles the most recent forty-five minutes I shot, and let you know. Things are looking up so far, though, so download the demo and see for yourself!

ADDENDUM: Yep! Works without a hitch in XP...captured my footage, split it into separate files for the different scenes, the works.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2004, 05:06 AM   #5
Regular Crew

You're a lifesaver sir. Be well and god bless.
Sola Osofisan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC